Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Example Word of the Day Sentences

Your sentence should have:
-capital 

-period
-subject (noun)
-predicate (starts with the verb)
-word of the day

Can somebody who has never heard that word of the day word before understand what it means based only on reading your sentence?

Example student sentences:
The gullible woman gave all of her money to the fake charity.
I had to go to the necropolis for my aunt's funeral.
I wish that I could be emancipated, but I'm not 16 yet.
He is gregarious because he likes to be around people. 

1 comment:

  1. SCAVENGER HUNT CLUE #7: Color in boxes 8A and 6E on your paper.
    BONUS: Write another word for "predicate" in any box on the back of your paper.
    NEXT: Click on the information about Reading and Writing Stations.

    ReplyDelete