Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ask Mrs. C. a Question!

The last item on the "classroom tour" page (questions over the Power Point about the class) said to ask Mrs. Chapulis a question. Here are your questions- and my answers!

If we can't have any gluten food, then what can we eat for the party?
There are lots of foods that you already enjoy that are already gluten free. Don't worry, if your class earns a party, we'll have something good!

Do I have a good grade in this class from last semester?
Most people did okay. Most people could have done better.

Where?
Um, here....

Can you help me stay on track?
YES! Don't be afraid to ask me questions, too- even if it's on Edmodo or as an anonymous question here on the blog. If you do the activities for this class every day and give it your best effort, you WILL improve your reading skills and that WILL make all of your classes a little bit easier. 

Can I go back to my old class with you?
I can't change your schedule. You probably had another class that you needed that made them change your Reading period. You can talk to your counselor, but you're probably stuck in this period. You will survive, I promise!

How has your day been today?
It's been a good day. I'm hanging out in the classroom now with my kids. They love coming to visit school.

Do you like this class?
I do. Your class has a lot of energy and enthusiasm. That's frustrating for all of us sometimes, but I know that all of you are going to accomplish great things in life with that level of passion. 

What is your goal for this class?
I want every student to improve their reading skills and appreciate reading more. 

Who is your favorite student?
Hmmm... every student who reads this is my favorite.  :)

When is the school year over?
June. The date may vary depending on snow days, but it should probably be the first week of June.

What is a manager and librarian?
These are the two new classroom helpers. They have big responsibilities, but their work can help your class earn things like a party or assignment forgiveness.

Why do we read out loud?
Sometimes things make more sense if we hear them- even if we're the ones doing the reading. It's easier to monitor your own mistakes and of course it's easier for someone else to help you out too. It's good to read a variety of different materials in a variety of different ways to help you improve your skills. That's why we read aloud, silently, alone, in small groups, in large groups, online, and on paper.

Where do babies come from?
The stork, you silly goose.

What's your favorite color?
Brown

Why do we do this?
We do this paper so I know that you understand my expectations. We do this question in case you're confused about anything- and because sometimes it's fun. 

Why did you choose to teach this subject?
I love teaching Reading because it can help students with all of their classes. I think it's the most important subject- and no matter what you do in life, it's so important. It empowers you in so many ways!

Hi Buddy
That's not a question.

What is it like as a teacher? 
It's a new adventure every day. My days are never boring!

Am I your favorite student?
This seems to be a popular question. Am I your favorite teacher? 

How many years have you worked here?
This is my second year at this school. I have taught at four different schools over the course of twelve years. I taught elementary in Kendallville for four years and I have taught high school in Fort Wayne for eight years. I worked as a teaching assistant for several years during college also- so I've been working in the schools since 1998.

Are we having an ice cream party?
If your class earns a party, we can definitely talk about ice cream.

If I have a question, who can I ask? You have a peer tutor now.
You can ask either one of us questions. 

Do you like your job?
YES! I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

What are you doing?
Answering questions.

Are we having an ice cream party?
You're the second person in your class to ask this. If your class earns a party, I think the two of you can lead the discussion about ice cream. 

Why am I in this class? 
Everybody who is in here has been scheduled in this class to work on improving some aspect of their reading skills. Not everybody is working at the same level, but all of us have room for improvement. If you have a positive attitude about it and work at reading every day, you will notice a difference. Give yourself a chance!

Was I a good student?
Yes, you were, and yes, you are. Don't give up- and don't go to sleep!

Was I a good student?
Usually- except for that time when you copied this question off your friend's paper. 

Where did you go to school?
I graduated from Concordia, but I went to a lot of other schools before that. I thought about going to North Side my senior year since I lived nearby, but I stayed at Concordia because I had more friends there.


No comments:

Post a Comment