Monday, October 13, 2014

Imagine that!

Remember the journal about this topic? 

Let's talk about the different ideas people had about what this phrase makes you think! Below are quotes from various students- in no particular order- about what they think of when they hear "Imagine that!"

I imagine a picture in my head.

It could be used when someone is depressed. It could also be used when someone is really happy or excited.

I imagine what my future will be about.

I think of something surprising or sarcastic.

It makes me think of me climbing up a wall without strings on me.

Someone is making you have a visual of what they're talking about.

I think they are meaning like something clicked in their head.

I think of going on great adventures.

I think of someone making noise like fireworks.

I think of that moment they lived that was great or horrible.

I get the impression that someone is trying to be smart about it and act non-surprised.

I never think of anything good when people say "Imagine that!" because it's always something bad.

It's like telling a story to kids.

If you set your mind to it, you can do it.

I think of someone being smart with me.

I think of something that usually doesn't happen.

It makes me think of happiness. It makes me think of fear.

I think of the unimaginable.

Some people use their imaginations by dreaming or reading... people create things in their minds.

When people say "Imagine that", I think that it's stupid because it doesn't make sense.

Something way different than what you were thinking happened, so it was a big surprise. 

When I hear "imagine that", I don't want to take someone seriously.

Next: let's talk about what makes a good poem. 


No comments:

Post a Comment