Friday, March 18, 2016

Listen to This!

Why should you listen to your fluency stories online?
A. So it sounds like I'm working (you know, since I can't use headphones in class).
B. Because my teacher told me to do it (like a hundred times).
C. I shouldn't because I already know all the words (seriously, I don't need this class).

What's the correct answer?
None of the above!

Why do I provide audio for your stories?
- So you can figure out difficult words.
- So you can work at your own pace, without waiting for assistance.
- So you can hear how all of the words go together rather than only hearing them in isolation (alone).

How should you use the audio provided?
- Follow along on your paper or in another window or tab online on ActivelyLearn.
- Listen multiple times.
- Use multiple senses to make more brain connections:
                *HEAR the story while you
                *SEE the words as you
                *TOUCH the text (using a finger, pencil, or anything else to help you track where you are)
                           AND
                 *SPEAK the words as you listen- like singing along with your favorite song

Seriously, don't you learn a song really well by listening to it over and over again and singing along, looking up the lyrics online to follow along when you don't have it memorized yet??

THIS IS JUST THE SAME!

No, you don't have to SING your stories........ although I won't stop you if you do. Just be mindful of your classmates working on their stories.

Just use the audio provided here! It WILL help your reading skills!!

Don't believe me? Here's what someone else has said on the same topic: CLICK THIS LINK.

Listen to this blog post below and FOLLOW ALONG reading what I wrote above.


If you listen to this audio, scroll up and read what I wrote as I read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment